Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Lost in Translation - The Poem

Lost in translation
headed straight for hell
they say it's the journey
you couldn't tell
a short one
did end before ten
with no time to scat
could barely lay still
fork on the path
distrust of men, no will or commitment
small things like that
making a delivery
forget when and where
won't ask for direction
not lost, will make it there
don't tap on my window
only opens part way
don't knock on my door
long shut still today
no need for a guide
for this path I must glide
turn wrong or right
I won't see the signs
ignore them I will
for all that they say is
this way to hell
I like it that way
no symbols in my face
then claim that I saw them
say it was God's grace
learned how to store 'em
night travel suits me
taking leave of the day
auto pilot locks in
I'm making headway
feels like I'm up high
it's on with the journey
I'm flying the sky
everything is before me
the night's not for dying
I've tried sleeping all day
no scarring, not crying
no signs, still finding my way
making a delivery
forget when and where
won't ask for direction
I'll make it there

No comments: