Thursday, February 10, 2005

I discover

you appeared before me with mixed feelings
are you mostly bad or good?
it looked like you needed
something I understood
how did you know my desire?
the answer was immediate
the truth is
it came from deep inside
this place should be familiar
why, it was all so easy
everything just seemed to flow
obstacles were washed aside
talked over the sinful and the sweet
stranded when one might have chosen sleep
thought it was over just then
having only barely started
a sure sign to retreat
maybe no maybe misread
more time was needed
how could we have known?
a little wrong a lot right
expected nothing
you surprised me just then
more real than I imagined
I saw you for the very first time
a wonder emerges
asking with only a stare
again and again
wanting the answer I want
I can’t see at this moment
only too clearly
just needed to say
your scent adorned my clothes
it was from last night and it was delicious
at 3 o'clock in the morning, I inhaled you
and inhaled you and inhaled you
fighting with the truth and the circumstance
getting to know you is in itself one of the
most beautiful experiences
I have ever been allowed to truly surrender
giving myself over to you
do I belong to you?
I hear someone say no
slowly you begin to possess me
you surprised me still
not with the surprise but with the beauty
the art, the form
another wonder

No comments: