Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Valentine's Day is coming

I think I'll share a few poems up to and including that special day. How about one a day till then? I knew you'd love that idea. Here is the first one.


You go first

again, I sit in darkness
again, I have no fear
aside from the noise and the tears
aside from the blisters and the smog
an obvious gaping hole into which I cannot see
I can go all day if you promise not to notice
you are schizophrenic aren’t you?
I knew you were, I saw it early on
behind the dancing and the chatter
behind the shyness and the subtlety
it was exposed, like an open window in a strange room
waiting for me to take my first step towards
what do you see? what do I see?
leaping, was the other part of me
the spiritual self encountered something unworldly
it was dark but identifiable
something one senses with every sense
something we have all known for centuries
myself, I believe in womankind
as far as this has taken me away from the truth
I always, have believed

No comments: