Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The pulp

I had jelly on whole wheat toast today
as part of my late morning breakfast
the jar was first opened yesterday
clear on top,
different from the usual
written on the jar was firstly
guava juice
not guava pulp
I picked the juice instead of the pulp
I was looking for the jam
but chose the jelly
when I think of jelly
jello isn’t far behind
honestly, sitting here
I know that jello is what I think of when I see jelly
there is nothing substantial in jello
In life
there might be times when that’s all you can
swallow
I gave it up decades ago
It’s all about colours
kids love colours
pick up a brush and some paints
included are the colours of the rainbow
colours of the earth
the colour of the jelly is the same
as the colour of the jam
dig deeper
long ago I picked up a saying
I haven't used in years
“It’s got to be jelly cause jam don't jiggle like that”
the surface jiggle has it’s place
visually attractive
some want to dig deeper
the texture is what’s needed
feel it, wrestle with it
wrap it around you
chew on it
choose
pulp

No comments: